Remote System Monitor
What is Resysmo
Resysmo is a tool to monitor performance counters on a
WindowsNT/2000/XP machine, either the local machine or a remote
PC somewhere on the network. It can monitor things like CPU
usage, network throughput, memory usage, disk throughput etc.
- 2002-05-11: Fixed a minor bug. When enabling output to the icon tray, the icon tray controls didn't get enabled at once.
- 2002-04-28: Added a short movie of the output on a P80P in the Screenshots section.
You can see these values on the Resysmo panel, but optionally
also on the Icon Tray or (onboard) Epox
P80P. An example of a mainboard with this feature on-board is
8K7A. You can see the P80P-digits on the lower right corner
of the image.
There are many tools like Resysmo, and like Resysmo, many are
freeware. However, Resysmo has some features others don't have:
- Small. Well under 100KB, written in C using only the Win32 API. No extra components required.
- Instead of an annoying "always on top" window, Resymo uses
the icon tray to show the counters. Even with tiny history
- Display up to 6 counter values directly on your Epox
mainboard (requires P80P)
Counter value tab, showing the list of the counters with their
A Counter tab, where you can select the performance counter and
decide how to show the information:
The icon tray (Enlarged to 200%), with 4 counters:
NEW! A short movie of the output on a onboard P80P:
download movie (363KB)
Explanation of the numbers: 0a, 0b, 0c and 0d indicate the counter-numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4. After the counter number, Resysmo displays the current value of the counter.
- 0a: % CPU Usage of Workstation (around 5%)
- 0b: % CPU Usage of Server (around 3%)
- 0c: KiloBytes sent per second (around 52KB/s)
- 0d: KiloBytes received per second (around 3KB/s)
download Resymo v1.0.1 (FREEWARE, 40KB,
CABinet archive, extractable with just about any ZIP-utility for
- Designed for Windows2000, but runs on WindowsNT
and WindowsXP as well. It will not run on Windows95/98/Me,
you should upgrade to Windows2000 anyway.
- To run Resysmo on WindowsNT, you'll need to have PDH.DLL. If Resysmo complains about that file, you can download it from Microsoft.
- For output to the P80P, Resysmo requires WinIO. The needed
files are included in the download, but if not, you can find it
on the WinIO site.
If you have questions, please read the information on the "info"
tab of the Resysmo panel. Do not send feature requests, as I have
plenty of ideas myself but no time to implement them. If you find
bugs, I will look at them and perhaps fix them.
You can contact me on Resysmo@randysimons.com.
Resysmo v1.0.1 by Nexxennium
Copyright © 2002 by Randy Simons
WinIO routines and driver Copyright © 1998-2002 Yariv Kaplan
All rights reserved. this software is provide "AS IS", there is
no warranty. Use it at own risk. The author cannot be held
responsible for any damage and/or financial loss caused by this
Last update of this page: Wednesday 08 July 2009, 23:51
Current local time: 05:20 (CET)
|Powered by |